To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

2nd year uni accommodation worries :(

edited January 2007 in General
Basically i'm living in Shell at the moment in my 1st year and everyone is starting to decide on who they want to live with in townhouses next semester (the ones who got in at least)

I have one really great friend at uni who I definitley want to live with and another girl who she is friends with wants to live with us too. I like the other girl but she can have terrible moodswings and make me feel rubbish and also she doesnt go out that often. I really want to live with my best friend but not sure I could take it being just the three of us.

I have lots of other friends at uni but theyve mainly bonded with people in their floors whereas I made friends from elsewhere so they all have people to live with already.

I really would like it to be us three and then maybe 2 or three others but I don't know where to find other people.. also my best friend is going away in her 3rd year so it can't just be me and the moodswing girl!!! I'm stressed out and can't sleep from worrying x x x x

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Accomodation in your second year isnt as much of a big deal as alot of people seem to think it is. Yes you have to live with these people but you do get a separate room If this girl is taking a year out but you want to live with her from this September you could see how things go with the girl you dont get on with so well and either choose to live with her again the following year or look for alternative accomodation.

Good luck and dont worry so much. I knew alot of people that didnt sort out their accomodation until August of their first year!!
  • edited January 2007
    johnny said:
    Basically i'm living in Shell at the moment in my 1st year and everyone is starting to decide on who they want to live with in townhouses next semester (the ones who got in at least)

I have one really great friend at uni who I definitley want to live with and another girl who she is friends with wants to live with us too. I like the other girl but she can have terrible moodswings and make me feel rubbish and also she doesnt go out that often. I really want to live with my best friend but not sure I could take it being just the three of us.

I have lots of other friends at uni but theyve mainly bonded with people in their floors whereas I made friends from elsewhere so they all have people to live with already.

I really would like it to be us three and then maybe 2 or three others but I don't know where to find other people.. also my best friend is going away in her 3rd year so it can't just be me and the moodswing girl!!! I'm stressed out and can't sleep from worrying x x x x

Turn the PMS girl into your bone buddy...
  • edited January 2007
    How did you get into Shell in your first year??? are you older or something?

Leave a Comment