To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Muscle

edited January 2007 in General
I want to build muscle, but without the growth-stunting.
I also want to build without gaining too much fat, like a lot of blokes seem to carry when they bulk.
I aiming for more this
http://bp3.blogger.com/_vbC1YfgNiDk/..._122_379lo.jpg
Bear in mind, I am male and a skinny 17 year old
Could you please include tips to reach this goal quickly

Comments

• edited January 2007
    lol, we're all aiming for that, it just takes time and dedication to a gym
  • edited January 2007
    link dont work dude, but ya, a gym, and maybe protein shakes, go to a health food store or a vitamin and supplement store and consult with one of the sales people, my family owns a health food store in the Okanagan and there is a lot of really great stuff you can get to help you do all those things. It takes some green but its worth it.
  • edited January 2007
    Fucking simple.

Eat, eat, eat.

Fuckin' like 5kcal a day of clean food... eat 2g protein per lb that you weigh right now. Don't listen to people telling you otherwise - diet is almost everything.

Sleep, sleep, sleep. You need to get your 8 hrs a night, sonny. Your body needs rest to repair itself from overloading its muscles systemically.

Lift daily and have a quality split that maximizes hypertrophy.

Eat, lift, sleep... drink a shit load of water. Don't be a fucking cunt that juices before you know what you are doing.
  • edited January 2007
    coreyc said:
    Fucking simple.

Eat, eat, eat.

Fuckin' like 5kcal a day of clean food... eat 2g protein per lb that you weigh right now. Don't listen to people telling you otherwise - diet is almost everything.

Sleep, sleep, sleep. You need to get your 8 hrs a night, sonny. Your body needs rest to repair itself from overloading its muscles systemically.

Lift daily and have a quality split that maximizes hypertrophy.

Eat, lift, sleep... drink a shit load of water. Don't be a fucking cunt that juices before you know what you are doing.
    This chump is half right. Only juice monkeys, marathon runners or professional athletes eat 5000+ calories a day. Do you really want to pack on that much muscle. Of course you need to eat a lot, but what is equally important is that you eat many small meals spread throughout the day rather than a few big meals here and there.

Do sleep a lot (8 hours is optimal) but don't work out too much when you begin (let yourself rest).

Start off lifting easy and get the technique right.

And as for 2g of protein/pound of body weight, that is more than needed. Again, unless you're a body-builder, you won't need that much. I suggest 0.8g/pound of body weight (1g at the absolute most) if you want decent results. Don't forget cardio for even better results and if you don't want too much fat. But since you're a skinny seventeen-year-old, don't over-emphasize cardio (do it maybe twice a week no more than 30 minutes a session).

And a last word of advice: don't get intimidated by the primarily testosterone-based atmosphere of some gyms. Don't look at others--you're lifting for yourself and eventually, you will be where you want to be.

Good luck.

Leave a Comment