To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Business TA for Finance..

Hello everyone, I just got rejected to be a TA for the fall semester and I am interested in how Beedie's standard of choosing their Finance courses TAs.

I am not going to complain but I really want to know if anyone can share information with me why a student who has been a BUS TA in a summer semester, 3.9 GPA, 4 co-op terms and got A+ and major in Actuarial Science&Finance in all of the courses applied did not get chosen?Appreciate if anyone can tell me..

Comments

• Perhaps they are looking for someone with better written communication skills. Allow me to review your post for some grammatical mistakes:

"I am interested in how Beedie's standard of choosing their Finance courses TAs."

Perhaps you meant one of the following,
    " I am interested in how Beedie chooses their Finance courses TAs."
    " I am interested in Beedie's standards for choosing Finance TAs."

Either of these would be acceptable.

"...me why a student who has been a BUS TA in a summer semester, 3.9 GPA, 4 co-op terms and got A+ and major in Actuarial Science&Finance in all of the courses applied did not get chosen?"

The part that says "...got A+ and major in Actuarial Science&Finance in all of the courses..." does not make sense. You are saying that you majored in Actuarial Science&Finance for all of the courses? 

I have no doubt that you are a bright student, but you need to be aware of your shortcomings. 

• This. They are looking for well-rounded students with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, hence the video interview. Good luck next semester.
  • Reply to abednadir: Yes, I must admit that language skill is something I really need to improve on. I will take your suggestion seriously :)

Reply to bbanic: They cancelled the video interview this year :)

Leave a Comment