To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

PSP: Playstation Portable

edited January 2007 in General
playstation portable>>

ayt well i've been infatuated with socom fireteam bravo one and two. still trying to finish two but the online play always distracts me from finishing campaign.

anyone got suggestions for games, i've gone through..

monster hunter
ridge racer
sonic rivals
guns
bit of GTA VCS
puzzle bobble

anyone want to play socom ftb2 online? or need help modding their psp's etc. feel free to post about anything regarding PSP here.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Hey have you ever played twisted metal for PSP? Im thinkin of pickin it up
  • edited January 2007
    lol i remember playing that game as a child.

i could download it and test it on mine to see how it goes?
  • edited January 2007
    You mean download it for your psp? Thats pretty cool I didn't even know you could do that
  • edited January 2007
    yeah, theres a lot you can do to modify your psp, depending which firmware you're running.

i can run any game out right now, even n64, ds etc on my psp without paying one single cent other than paying for the device itself.

which firmware is yours? go to system settings > system information

if yours is lower than 2.80, you can mod it.
  • edited January 2007
    I recently modded my PSP to the 3.02 OE-B firmware, and now I can play original Playstation (PSX) games. This has opened up a whole new collection of games I can play now. I recently downloaded Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, Xenogears, Gran Turismo 1 & 2....and a bunch of others. And it's not a homebrew emulator that does it, Sony incorporated it into the newest firmware, except, if you don't have the hacked version of the firmware, you need to have a PS3 to get the games to work. I, for one, cannot afford a PS3, so the hacked firmware is the best thing available.
  • edited January 2007
    hey MB. i recently upgraded my 1.5 to devhook 0.51 to emulate 3.02 firmware. but the new ones such as yours with all the OE series is just to emulate the PSX games correct?

i think they just need to do somethin about the roms to make them run smoother, would kill the DS lite, not that PSP doesn't already.
  • edited January 2007
    No no, the 3.02 OE-B isn't emulated using devhook. You have to actually upgrade to it. It's a full version of the 3.02 firmware, with all of the functions. But since it's a hacked version of 3.02, there's a way to downgrade back to 1.50.

Plus, in the OE firmware, you can still use homebrew and devhook, so you get the best of both worlds.
  • edited January 2007
    oh, so can you interchange fw's easily, or you actually got to go through the big risky process. cause i want to be able to keep running my emulators which require 1.5.

SR. should be reading this but i think i grossed him out with my prev.signature
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    oh, so can you interchange fw's easily, or you actually got to go through the big risky process. cause i want to be able to keep running my emulators which require 1.5.

SR. should be reading this but i think i grossed him out with my prev.signature
    With 3.02 OE-B, it comes with an "upgrader". All you need to do to revert back to 1.50 is put the 1.5 FW EBOOT.PBP file in the upgrade folder, and it "upgrades" it back to 1.50.

I haven't tried homebrew apps on 3.02 OE-B yet, but from what I've been reading, most homebrew works on it. I've been busy playing FFVII, which runs almost flawlessly. My only gripe is that the MIDI sound processor on the PSX is different than the PSP's, so some of the sounds come out weird. Otherwise, it's the best thing to happen to my PSP since I bought Lumines.
  • edited January 2007
    i tried lumines. game isn't my type. i think you shuold look up " cube " for psp, that game looks DOPE. i dont care what firmware i have to upgrade to or what emulator, i'm getting that.

im personally a FPS person, so ff doesn't appeal much to me, the rpg's take too long.

paste this into your browser to see the trailer, its so doppee

Leave a Comment