To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Good Xbox 360 Games

edited January 2007 in General
So, I just bought a 360 and of course I already love it, but the only game I have is PGR 3 which came with it, and I rented Gears of War the day I got it. GoW is a good game except I beat it on casual difficulty in about 3 days, it wasn't that long. I havn't signed up for Xbox Live yet, but is it any different and better with GoW?

So I'm wondering what some good 360 games are. The new game Lost Planet: Extreme Condition looks good, but it doesn't come out for a couple weeks. I'm going to buy Oblivion, but the store I'm going to get it at just doesn't have it in right now. So what are some other good games?

Also, 360 games are pricey, so does anyone know any places in town where you can get them for cheaper or really good deals on used ones? I know about EB and Blockbuster but they always have the same ol' and the prices never change. Plus with Blockbuster the games come in the rental packaging and not the original game packaging, which is kind of a dissappointment.

So thoughts on this? Would be great!

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Try Ebay! I've bought games on there before and I've been totally satisfied with them. If you haven't used Ebay before, you might want to find some resources online that give you pointers on how to protect yourself and find the best deals.

Other online game retailers may also be a good option, such as PlayAsia. They have hard to find games, but not always the best prices. You can also pick up games down in the US if you are ever visiting there as the prices tend to be cheaper.

And EB also takes trade-ins so if you have old games around that you are no longer playing, take them in and get a few bucks for them. I brought in a pile of old PlayStation games the other day and got some money toward a game I'll actually use! So that's a pretty good deal.
  • edited January 2007
    F.E.A.R. is definitely a good game to try out.

it's a fps like gears of war, cept in GOW it's more of stealth/tactic where FEAR is run and gun. i like run and gun. haha
  • edited January 2007
    Try NHL 07 if you like hockey. They changed up the controls so that you have to use the joysticks to shoot (don't ask its kinda confusing) but once you get used to it, its a lot better.

Leave a Comment