To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

the water from sfu's washroom facuets is not clear

the water from sfu's washroom faucets is burry..does anyone know why the water's not clear?

Comments

• edited January 2016
    The urine from urinals are recirculated into the taps as part of SFU's Sustainability Program 

(Click THIS text three times) [That was a joke, don't sue me SFU]
  • ?? 

What do you mean by not clear, like it's cloudy? Usually it's a result of air bubbles, if you let it sit for a little bit it returns to clear. 

Here's the first hit from a google search that took all of five seconds to do: http://water.usgs.gov/edu/qa-chemical-cloudy.html
  • it wasn't because of the bubbles lol...the water was white every time
  • Is the water very warm?
  • Then it's probably urine.
  • I like that 3 click trick. I knew it selected text but have never seen it used like that.

cjcj
    Are you saying you cupped it in your hands and waited 30 seconds and it was still white?
    If so and you're in Burnaby I'd submit this form
  • But it is probably urine. It's like toilets in Japan, but in reverse.
  • edited February 2016
    Toilets in Japan have sound-effect emitters, at least in women's washrooms, that play a simulated flush noise without actually flushing water in order to conserve water. This is because women were embarassed with the deuce-dropping sound so much that they would drown it out (no pun) with the sound of an actual flush, but this was obviously a mad waste of water.

I heard it on the internet.

Leave a Comment