To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Best shushi place in town?

edited January 2007 in General
My friends have been buggin me to try out some of this shushi stuff... im gunnin for some super sized california roles, so what is THE best shushi spot around here

Comments

• edited January 2007
    It's "sushi", but I'm sure everyone is going to tell you that. :wink:

I don't really eat the stuff, but I know that Tojo's is extremely famous and has very tasty food... It's crazy to see all the autographs on the wall!
  • edited January 2007
    I go to this place which is near Hastings and Gamma. It's just a couple stores down from the Pizza Hut.

As well, on campus there's that Japanese place not far from the Renaissance Coffee. :smile:
  • edited January 2007
    omg i LOOOOVE sushi its soo good well only the cali n dynamite rolls u hAVE To have a dynamite roll!
  • edited January 2007
    my favorite is a dynamite roll too :) yum yum
  • edited January 2007
    My favorite is not eating sushi.

Eating sushi is a bad fucking idea. The same people that eat that shit listen to Moby, Madonna and do yoga. Don't do it! Don't eat that shit!
  • edited January 2007
    I got about 10 good places on my cellfone... I'll post em later I guess
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    first off it's "sushi" not "shushi"

and it's "rolls" not "roles"

:)
  • edited January 2007
    Fish on Rice
    Shabusen (They do Korean BBQ as well.)

Sui Sha Ya sucks. Don't go there.

PS. Those are all AYCE (All You Can Eat) places.
  • edited January 2007
    If you're just looking to try out some sushi, check out Fujiya. They have some monster California Rolls for $2.95. I believe it's 9 HUGE rolls for $2.95 compared to 6 smaller rolls for $2.50 at Ichibankan on campus.
  • edited January 2007
    Shota in Vancouver "the best sushi in vancouver"

http://www.shotasushi.com/
  • edited January 2007
    coreyc said:
    My favorite is not eating sushi.

Eating sushi is a bad fucking idea. The same people that eat that shit listen to Moby, Madonna and do yoga. Don't do it! Don't eat that shit!
    hahah that's gold
  • edited January 2007
    I like Daimasu at Station Square even though it's Chinese-owned... I dunno, it just tastes good to me. I heard Guu is really good too, but I haven't been there myself.
  • edited January 2007
    Snowboarder Ryan said:
    My friends have been buggin me to try out some of this shushi stuff... im gunnin for some super sized california roles, so what is THE best shushi spot around here
    If you are gunning for some super sized California Rolls, then you are not looking for the best sushi. You are looking for cheap sushi. Do not mix the two.
  • edited January 2007
    beware the pre-packaged sushi!!!! I love sushi but buying it from a chevron is not my cup-of-tea

I can recommend a bunch of places in maple ridge (toyo and hamada are both good) but I don't really go for sushi anywhere else......oh there is this little sushi restaurant in poco place on lougheed in poco, REALLY cheap for a lot of food and it's pretty good
  • edited January 2007
    sushi at chevron???? eeewwbarf.gif
  • edited January 2007
    GO FIND THIS! this was a pic i found online

112-1296_IMG.jpg
  • edited January 2007
    o.o avocado... /drools
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    rwll_15 said:
    Shota in Vancouver "the best sushi in vancouver"

http://www.shotasushi.com/

the website shota doesn't work
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    melissaw28 said:
    beware the pre-packaged sushi!!!! I love sushi but buying it from a chevron is not my cup-of-tea

I can recommend a bunch of places in maple ridge (toyo and hamada are both good) but I don't really go for sushi anywhere else......oh there is this little sushi restaurant in poco place on lougheed in poco, REALLY cheap for a lot of food and it's pretty good

yeah prepackaged sushi is the fricking worse.. especially in the mackenize or simon c's. puke.
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    flo-ra said:
    I like Daimasu at Station Square even though it's Chinese-owned... I dunno, it just tastes good to me. I heard Guu is really good too, but I haven't been there myself.

i've been to all 3 guu's and i'm pretty sure they don't have any sushi at all.. tho the rest of the food is not bad. just make sure you go with someone japanese cuz they will know what to order
  • edited January 2007
    yea guu is nice.. yummmy :)

but for sushi

this place has like ginormous sushi, not ur typical sushi joint, its mostly takeout only, but its really busy and just worth a try if u never seen it before.. trust me the sushi is biggggg

Samurai Sushi House
    5888 Cambie St., Vancouver

its like a block or 2 from oakridge i think
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    yes samurai is HUGE. it's right across cambie from the food court section of oakridge

they have a location on davie street too!
  • edited January 2007
    lol im more of an all you can eat kinda guy.!..haha

ajitaro!
  • edited January 2007
    BryanL said:
    If you are gunning for some super sized California Rolls, then you are not looking for the best sushi. You are looking for cheap sushi. Do not mix the two.
    Point taken.

See, this is why I have no clue where to go theres too many friggin places to choose from! I might check out shota...since it claims to be the best in vancouver anybody been therE?
  • edited January 2007
    Burnaby:
    Hi Genki
    Sushi Garden (not very delicate but very big)
    Sushi House
    Sushi Town (same operation style as Sushi Garden)

Coquitlam:
    Sushi California (same operation style as Sushi Garden)
    Fuji Sushi (i used to goto this place a lot, but now that their prices have gone up and their quality/quantity down, i just stop going there... mostly goto Sushi Cali now)

Downtown:
    Aki
    Guu
    Sakae
    Zakkushi
    Hapa Izakaya (or something lik that)

Richmond:
    Richmond Sushi (decent... but quality has gone down over the years)
    Sakae (i believe this has the same owner as the one in downtown)
    Seto

Vancouver:
    BC Sushi
    Tojo
    Samurai Sushi (huge as hell rolls/sashimi/nigiri... probably bigger than sushi garden)
    Ajisai

Leave a Comment