To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

crim 230 distance ed or in person

edited November 2015 in General
would you recommend crim 230 distance ed or in person, and why?

Comments

• In person with Simon Verdun Jones because he is a super good and entertaining lecturer. Very enthusiastic.
  • I took it online, I did sit in on one of his lectures but didn't return due to the fact that going out to Burnaby was too much of a waste of time (2 hour commute). I don't tend to participate in class unless I'm really comfortable which means I lose out on participation marks. If you're like me, I would take it online. 
  • I found online pretty easy. I got an A and wasn't exactly expecting to. The two short papers (15% each) were easy if you follow exactly what's outlined in the textbook. The take-home mid-term is two more of the same style papers (15% each for 30% together) and then a final exam worth 40%
  • It depends your learning style, I prefer lectures because I am lazy and don't read. But in general I don't like online courses because I think they're kind of a rip-off, like I could being learning the stuff for free. I'd rather have a lecturer talk to me in person :P

Leave a Comment