To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Views on the Motorola RAZR

edited January 2007 in General
I'm sure you've had it or known someone who has it by now...what do you guys really think of this phone?? I've always hated it but for some reason I feel drawn to it just like everyone else...its so thin and high tech looking even now after so long it doesn't really have any competition

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I have one. And yeah everyone else has one too. If you don't care about having the latest phone and the fact that everyone else will be using the same phone as you, you should get one as it is slim and cheap. Those are the only advantages of the razr.
  • edited January 2007
    It's pretty cheap now but the latest Motorola phone is the KRZR, which is basically a smaller version of the RAZR
    motok1index.jpg
    But I cant decide if I want to wait for the RIZR
    motoz3index.jpg
    I dont think I can wait for the RIZR so I might just get the KRZR. Any opinions??
  • edited January 2007
    ^ go chocolate lol
  • edited January 2007
    ^No thanks LoL. Im pro Motorola for life. Im used to the design/functions. I love Moto phones, plus Ive never had a problem with it.
  • edited January 2007
    ^ I had problems w/ motorola phones before. I had a v551 before which had power issues. I prefer Samsung over Motorola.
  • edited January 2007
    raza is crap..dont get it...
  • edited January 2007
    I used to work for Fido and the RAZRs are the most unreliable phone out there. They have so many problems and I have had so many customers come back and tell me how shitty they are. They are cheap and break so fast.

Also, from my personal experience, Motorola's suck ass through a straw. I had the Moto C333, and it just stopped working. Then the V60 and that was ok until he antenna just fell off. Then the Moto V400, and slowly it started the crap out. I could not hear the other person unless I press hardly the ear piece into my head bending the top back.

I will never go back to Motorola.
  • edited January 2007
    :O That sliding rizr looks nice!
  • edited January 2007
    I agree that the RAZR is a shitty phone, I've always thought so. But then why do so many people buy it??

@karmagrl: that RIZR definetly looks appealing

but I think I like Samsung too
  • edited January 2007
    hey man, it's an alright phone.. it's definitely much better than any Moto phones I've had cuz they generally lack the quality compared to Nokia or Sony Ericsson (my fav).

If you get one, make sure you don't drop it cuz it gets quite ugly (and its easy to break!) but the interesting thing about the RAZR is the screens (both internal and external) are very resistant to scratches which really surprised me.

The reception (mine was with Fido) is pretty good. As always, I charge the new phone 24 hours for the first time so this way you get the most outta the battery.
  • edited January 2007
    Smartso said:
    I agree that the RAZR is a shitty phone, I've always thought so. But then why do so many people buy it??
    Since when does something have to be of good quality for lots of people to buy it? As long as it's popular at the time, people will keep buying them...
  • edited January 2007
    SOCIAL PROOF!!
  • edited January 2007
    i always thought the razr was overhyped, nice design for its time, but it was lacking in features
    its just an average to bad phone now
  • edited January 2007
    NOKIA FOR LIFE!!!!

I've had many phones in the past, and I find Motorola phones, while attractive, won't last you. The lifespan of the average Moto phone is about 1-1.5 years. If you're constantly changing phones, it's fine, but if you want one for longevity, look elsewhere.

My preference is Nokia...in case you didn't notice. I recently traded my Nokia N80 in (which was a great phone) for a Nokia N93. Love the damn thing so far, but it was expensive as hell. I had to give up eating for 3 weeks to get it...thank god for student loans.
  • edited January 2007
    I just lost my Razr two days ago... ='( If any of you are a new owner of a pink Razr found at Insadong, I'm gonna come an' kiewwww you!

Anyway, I <3-ed my Razr, but I'd have to admit it wasn't the best phone... it is definitely overhyped.
  • edited January 2007
    *looks around suspiciously*
    *hides his new pink RAZR*
    Sweet...now I'll be the coolest kid in town!
  • edited January 2007
    Imma kill you! Or steal your beloved Nokia. =)
  • edited January 2007
    NOOOOOO, NOT MY BABY!!!!

How much longer do you have in your Bell contract? If it's not that long, you could just buy out, and go with another/better company. Otherwise, check ebay, howardforums.com, craigslist.com, or revscene.com for a new/used Bell RAZR.
  • edited January 2007
    Smartso said:

@karmagrl: that RIZR definetly looks appealing

but I think I like Samsung too
    It's not shitty, its REALLY shitty...

it only has looks, nothing more..
  • edited January 2007
    Magnificent_Bastard said:
    NOOOOOO, NOT MY BABY!!!!

How much longer do you have in your Bell contract? If it's not that long, you could just buy out, and go with another/better company. Otherwise, check ebay, howardforums.com, craigslist.com, or revscene.com for a new/used Bell RAZR.
    =o how do you know I'm on Bell?! Do you realllly have my Razr?
  • edited January 2007
    flo-ra said:
    =o how do you know I'm on Bell?! Do you realllly have my Razr?
    LOL, no, I don't. I've found and returned several phones in the past. Keeping a phone that's of no use to me is not worth having a guilty conscience over. I do live near Insadong (the one on North Rd., right?), so if I see anybody sporting a new pink RAZR, I'll be sure to sock him/her one for you =P
  • edited January 2007
    Thanks very much =] I'm so emo without my razr...

ANYWAY anyone wanna bring this back on-topic?
  • edited January 2007
    Magnificent_Bastard....your signature cracks me up everytime....lmao
  • edited January 2007
    Back on topic...here's what my phone thinks of the RAZR...

razr_eat.jpg
  • edited January 2007
    Is that Flo-ra's pink Razr?!?!
  • edited January 2007
    I MISS MY RAZR OMG... 3
  • edited January 2007
    No no, for the record, that is not Flo-ra's pink RAZR, that is a RAZR I took out of the box at my store just for that picture. If you look clearly, you can see the protective plastic still on the front. But yeah, that is a picture of my phone eating a RAZR...
  • edited January 2007
    Magnificent_Bastard said:
    No no, for the record, that is not Flo-ra's pink RAZR, that is a RAZR I took out of the box at my store just for that picture. If you look clearly, you can see the protective plastic still on the front. But yeah, that is a picture of my phone eating a RAZR...
    i wish my phone can eat stuff.....it only slides:sad:
  • edited January 2007
    lol j/k no worries. I was gonna get a new RAZR today... cuz my mom is making me stay with Bell and all their other phones are ugly except for RAZR and KRZR, and KRZR is too expensive for me =P

But now I'm looking for a used phone...
  • edited January 2007
    flo-ra said:
    lol j/k no worries. I was gonna get a new RAZR today... cuz my mom is making me stay with Bell and all their other phones are ugly except for RAZR and KRZR, and KRZR is too expensive for me =P

But now I'm looking for a used phone...
    I saw a few cheap ones on craigslist, and a few on howardforums. Unfortunately HoFo is mostly based in the GTA, and very few of them are willing to ship anywhere. What's your price range?

Leave a Comment