To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Most Valuable Class at SFU in life

edited January 2007 in General
Hopefully this question hasn't already been asked here, but what class at SFU have you found to be the most valuable in your life away from school? I have been thinking a lot lately about how school benefits your life in different ways. For example, from what I've learned in psychology, I have become a sem-councillor to my friends. Even though I don't ever plan on becoming a therapist, I am able to observe things in their lives and advise on them which they find really helpful. Anybody else feel this way?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Crim 315: Restorative Justice. It really changed my conception regarding what justice is and made me see things in a totally different way. It also taught me how to resolve conflicts better and I have used this in life.
  • edited January 2007
    So far I've found Psyc 201 Research Methods to be really useful. It shows you what to look for in research studies and how to evaluate their quality. Definitely helps to finetune a critical eye.
  • edited January 2007
    personally, I've just had fun wowing people with the weird info that comes with my BISC 101 course

for example, I can now example why rabbits eat their poop and why cows have multiple stomachs :P
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    melissaw28 said:
    personally, I've just had fun wowing people with the weird info that comes with my BISC 101 course

for example, I can now example why rabbits eat their poop and why cows have multiple stomachs :P

now you have to tell us why rabbits eat their poop and why cows have multiple stomachs :teeth:
  • edited January 2007
    geez I should proof-read

anyway, the majority of digestion for rabbits happens in the large intestine, however the majority of absorption happens in the small intestine so the rabbits must pass nutrients through their system twice, the first time to digest, the second to absorb.....I actually have a rabbit and you can see the difference, the first time it's black and tar-like and the second is more grey

cows and other ruminants get their food broken down by bacteria in their stomach, the bacteria feed off of the nutrients in the food, later the bacteria get digested by the enzymes another stomach and the cows actually feed off of the digested bacteria

unfortunately none of this was on our final exam :)
  • edited January 2007
    I thought Bus232 (organizational behaviour) was the most useful class for me. I can apply the stuff I learned on any job that I had.
  • edited January 2007
    Hey what kinda stuff did you learn in bus 232 that is applicable? summary please :)
  • edited January 2007
    noname said:
    I thought Bus232 (organizational behaviour) was the most useful class for me. I can apply the stuff I learned on any job that I had.
    Buec 232 is Intro to Business Stats...

Bus 272 is Organizational Behavior.

Get it right, son.
  • edited January 2007
    JennyBRONX said:
    Hey what kinda stuff did you learn in bus 232 that is applicable? summary please :)

Power, leadership, organizational structure, motivation, emotions, perception, diversity, groups, communication, etc.

Seemed like sociology + psychology with business applications.
  • edited January 2007
    Money and Banking

Leave a Comment