To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Any PSYC or SA majors out there? I need advice regarding PSYC, SA, GSWS classes

katkat
edited August 2015 in General
I'm taking SA 322, PSYC 250, 330, 300W, GSWS 100, 102 

Course/Instructor:
SA 322: Bascom Guffin
PSYC 250: Tanya Broesch
PSYC 330: Richard Wright
PSYC 300W: Gordon Rose
GSWS 100: Rob Bittner 
GSWS 102: Joy Walcott-Francis 

To those who have taken them, I have a few questions regarding them:
1. Are the readings going to be too heavy? with these overall combined
2. Are there certain profs ( I'm referring to profs who lets the class know what's going to be in the exam not all material but at least some of it) I need to take these classes with?
3. how is the course content distributed? ( distribution of % on exams,assignments,quizzes)
4. Any tips? (ex. SA 322 review lectures, or focus more on the content of the textbook the prof requires you to read)
Thanks in advance

Comments

• 330 is a good class. MC exams and interesting material. A lot of brain physiology but it's manageable especially if you've taken 280. The readings are provided and are fairly straightforward, final was a bit tricky but you can do well if you put some effort in.

300W sucks. Was more frustrated by the lack of clear communication in terms of expectations than any other class. It's manageable but it wears you down...I'm not sure about the other classes but if they have heavy loads I'd recommend leaving it for another semester when you might be less frazzled!
  • Joy's a pretty good TA, she knows her shit.

Leave a Comment