To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

MATH 154 - How difficult is it?

I was wondering for those who have taken MATH 154, how difficult was the course for you?

In terms of Math, I'm not the best student, I took MATH 100 & I did not do well at all. 

Any tips to get a good grade in this course?

Comments

• edited July 2015
    If you don't have previous calculus experience, it'll be a tough learning curve, especially if you have a weak math base. It is easier than MATH 150/151, but still somewhat difficult for some people. I took MATH 157 so I can't give you specifics, but most math courses are generally the same.

Practice a lot of problems because there are many variations they can ask you of one concept. The more you practice, the more familiar you will become with the material. The math workshop also has 2-3 TAs that can help with assignments or any general questions you have. There are tons of online sources that teach you as well. A lot of people complicate calculus, but it's not too bad. Once you get used to the patterns, it becomes super easy.
  • Thank you for the information! :)
  • When I took it, it was about 5 yrs ago and the prof didn't speAk good English. There's a websit that will pass you no problem. I never went to class and I got an A. Justmathtutoring.com. Trust me. It will get you through 154 and 155.
  • Thank you! :)

Leave a Comment