To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

How is this workload for Sciences?

Hey everyone.

New transfer to SFU and was wondering how this workload was.

BISC 204, BISC 300, CHEM 122, CHEM 281.

Also, I've never been to SFU and was wondering how much time I should have between each class. For example, having a class start 10 minutes before the previous one. I don't know if the rooms are close together or far apart.

Thanks everyone :)

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Seems heavy to me. Especially since you have 3 components to each course (lecture, lab and tutorial) unless otherwise stated. I mean, if you can handle that much (you probably don't have very many breaks), then go for it. However, I strongly recommend you AT LEAST have breaks in between some of those classes/components. Also, make sure you have time to eat; especially before labs since they take around 2-4 hours depending on the course. Chemistry labs are usually estimated to be 4 hours. Biology labs - probably around the same or shorter. You can check for yourself on SIS or course outlines. Ten minutes should get you across the campus, it's just a matter of preference. If you've never been to SFU, you should consider a campus tour or attending some of the upcoming events such as Welcome Day or the Getting Ready for Academic Success workshop. Best of luck!
  • Thanks for the reply. Out of all the courses, only CHEM 281 has a lab portion. My other classes are only lecture and tutorial.
    Does it still sound doable or is it still heavy?
  • Anyone else? My course registration is tomorrow! Thanks!
  • Sounds doable. But that's my opinion, I don't know your past academic history so yeah my opinion is biased.

Leave a Comment