To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

IS major

I'm just entering my second year at sfu this fall semester and I absolutely crushed my gpa during my first year and ended up with a 2.10 cgpa. I might even be on AP after this summer semester. I'm deciding between a political science and IS major. My question is, should I even bother taking the required IS classes? For the IS major there is a competitive cgpa and my current cgpa is very low so I'm not sure if I should spend time and money on IS classes if I'm not even going to be accepted. My other choice is poli sci, which as far as I know does not have any competitive gpa requirment.

Comments

• Just do your IS credits as your electives or other electives to build your GPA and then try to apply. While at the same time taking poli sci courses, then, if you don't make it you have poli sci to fall back on and your IS credits or electives will still count towards your poli sci degree as elective/WQB credits.

Don't fuck up man.

Leave a Comment