To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Reasons to let me into a class

edited December 2006 in General
Straight up i need physics 100/101 by the end of year one, and yes i intend on doing summer semester. my first semester i didn't take my physics, and now my second semester i hope to take 100, and summer take 101.

but ive been in position 4 waiting list since my registration, which was november end, and i just checked im at FIVE now, so since i need to fit these two physic courses into my first year, what are some good reasons to explain to the Dean that i need to get in cause some of my older peers said some of them are lenient if the right words/case are presented?

EDIT: other than i need to fit them into my year 1.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    illicit said:
    Straight up i need physics 100/101 by the end of year one, and yes i intend on doing summer semester. my first semester i didn't take my physics, and now my second semester i hope to take 100, and summer take 101.
    Why do you need them in year one? Is it a program requirement? Or you just want to be done with them?

And if you tried to get in in the fall semester but couldn't, that'd be worth noting in your plea as well!
  • edited December 2006
    Malakaiii said:

And if you tried to get in in the fall semester but couldn't, that'd be worth noting in your plea as well!
    oooh tres bien mademoiselle.

im overthinking but they probably won't check go.sfu.ca when i was enrolling and see if i actually tried to add the ' full ' class would they?

and yeah its for a program requirement.
  • edited December 2006
    I highly doubt they'd check go.sfu!

Just tell them you're excited about the class. Profs like hearing that stuff.
  • edited December 2006
    Tell them you have no gag reflex
  • edited December 2006
    coreyc said:
    Tell them you have no gag reflex
    that took me a bit to think about. but thanks for your oh so constructive criticism.
  • edited December 2006
    If you're intending to be a science major that may sway the Powers That Be.

(and I'm rooting for you to be a science major anyway :tongue: )

Leave a Comment