To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

math 157

edited March 2015 in General
Hi, just wondering if anyone can explain how difficult math 157 will be? If I take it in the summer along with only one other course? I got a b- in math 100 at surrey, but this one will be in Burnaby with Imin Chen. Does anyone know if he/she is a good prof? Math isn't my strong suit and I did struggle with logarithms and trig a bit, but that was partically because we had to memorize all formulas. Does this prof also expect the same?

Comments

• If you have trouble with logarithms then I wish you good luck in calculus. You will need to memorize just as much formulas in 157 if not more. My tip is try to understand how they work so you can derive them yourself. You should at least pass. I got an A- in math 100 and a B+ in math 157. I can't say a prof expects you to do this or that because you can't really change the 157 curriculum. And you will not get a cheat sheet for formulas so you will have to remember that on your own.
  • Ohhh okay thanks for the info!
    Thankfully I'm only taking this class and possibly one other along with it so I'll focus hard
  • If you must take mat 157 be thankful you don't have to take 150/151. 157 is the easiest Calc 1 courses.
  • Ohh I guess that's definitely some consolation, thanks!

Leave a Comment