To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

regarding law school admission

edited January 2015 in General
do you think I'd have a shot at t14 with a LSAT score of 170+ and cgpa of 3.5+ ? 

Comments

• The internet seems to think so, yes.
  • Not sure. Just out of curiosity why are you interested in the US? I'd get it if it was Harvard or something, but even then, the tuition is nuts.

At UBC the whole year is about 12,000. At UC Berkley it's 48,000 for domestic students. I don't even know what international students pay.
  • indictment// I am an international student and one thing I found funny is that Canadian schools always require international students to pay a lot more. (SFU, for example, is $677 per credit, which means if I take 4 courses that's like $8000)  However, as long as American law school is concerned, there are no tuition differentials for domestic and international students. 

Plus I would like practice law in the states. I mean I love Canada and all..
    but I don't know I still have some time before I get to make the decision. 

• There are a couple of books at SFU under the Subject: Law schools --United States --Admission, but Vancouver Public library has a lot more, like "So You Want to Be A Lawyer: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Into and Succeeding in Law School". Check other public libraries if you're not near VPL.

Leave a Comment