To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

CMPT 307

edited December 2014 in General
I just got a D in CMPT 307 and wanted to know is it possible to graduate with BSc in CS with a D in CMPT 307? or do i have to get c- or above to graduate? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited December 2014
    You need a C- to use it as a prerequisite. I am quite sure a D satisfies the graduation requirement though. I am trying to find a link that confirms...

If any of your remaining required courses have 307 as a prereq though you will have to retake it. I don't think any required upper division cmpt courses require 307....but I could be wrong.

*edit* I can't find it explicitly stated. One way you can confirm though is check your transcript. If it shows you receiving 3 credits for the course (which it should) then that satisfies the requirement. Looking at upper division courses too it seems 404/405/406/407/408/409/441 are the only courses with 307 as a prereq. From what I remember none of those are required. Lastly if in doubt, talk to an adviser.
  • Thank you very much for such a detailed reply, Ryan. I just received an email from an advisor, and he confirmed that a D will suffice for graduations. Thanks!

Leave a Comment