To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

PSYCH 221 or PSYCH 260

edited December 2009 in General
Psych 221 with Thomas Spalek and Psych 260 with Tim Racine
Which one is generally easier and could more likely booster GPA?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    FOR SURE RACINE

I had both profs last semester, as I took 260 with Racine. It wasn't too bad, just that there was quite a lot of information to know and memorize. DO NOT FALL BEHIND, the length of the textbook will punish you if you are wanting to cram it.

Spalek will rape your gpa, and eat your children... look him up on ratemyprof. Unless you're willing to study like there's no tomorrow, or if you're only taking that one course in the entire semester, I would advise against taking his class. His lectures are not very informative, given that his examples are very broad, and he just a lot of times seems disinterested in what he's teaching.

This was based on his psyc303 Perceptions class.

For 221, see if Jessica Green is teaching it. Her cognitive psyc class is pretty interesting and it's not as hard as how Spalek may make it.
  • edited December 2009
    ikkaku;62857 said:
    FOR SURE RACINE

I had both profs last semester, as I took 260 with Racine. It wasn't too bad, just that there was quite a lot of information to know and memorize. DO NOT FALL BEHIND, the length of the textbook will punish you if you are wanting to cram it.

Spalek will rape your gpa, and eat your children... look him up on ratemyprof. Unless you're willing to study like there's no tomorrow, or if you're only taking that one course in the entire semester, I would advise against taking his class. His lectures are not very informative, given that his examples are very broad, and he just a lot of times seems disinterested in what he's teaching.

This was based on his psyc303 Perceptions class.

For 221, see if Jessica Green is teaching it. Her cognitive psyc class is pretty interesting and it's not as hard as how Spalek may make it.
    Thanks. Really appreciate the advise.
    Any comment on PSYC 241? The instructor seems to change every semester. How is this course in general?
  • edited December 2009
    Hmm, I cannot say much about 241 as I took that class at Langara. For the abnormal psyc I did, I would say it's a very interesting topic, and personally I liked psychology because of disorders and such, but as for professors I really do not have any input. Sorry.

Leave a Comment