To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Student signed attendance sheet for someone that wasn't there

edited October 2014 in General
I noticed a fellow student in one of my tutorials signing another student's name when he/she wasn't there. Since our attendance counts toward our mark, I believe what they did is unfair to all of us that do attend. I am a honest person. Should I report it to the TA? The TA doesn't really know all of our names yet, so there is a good chance that they will not notice.

WWYD?

Comments

• One tutorial won't effect their final grade so it's pretty pointless, unless the professor decides to assign a greater penalty to the students for participating in that kind of behaviour. I wouldn't do anything if I was in your position because in most cases, the outcome of these things will only marginally impact the other party. It's up to you, however. Yes, it's unfair, but one tutorial won't change anything so look at the big picture.
  • Sign the student up for hunger games. No one will know you did it.
  • Most people here are going to say no because the effort required on your part to get them in trouble for something that is such minimum gain to them and such minimal loss to everyone else won't be worth it, and nothing will likely come of it because there's likely little to no evidence. That being said, people tend to continue with habits like this so they'll be caught by an authority in a similar scenario down the road.

Leave a Comment