To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

who else is having problems studying!!

edited December 2006 in General
ahhh i cant seem to study anymore.. help!!

Comments

• hta
    edited December 2006
    I dont usually study....just eat and drink and drink some more until u pass out. Then you can study for exams in your dreams....hahaha
    Anyhow, it is important that u get enough sleep and meal before exams.
    By the way, cellphones still suck.
  • edited December 2006
    Try to get your mind off of studying for a while... like goin fo a walk or takin a nap usually works good
  • edited December 2006
    I do a time-matching thing to help motivate me to study. For every hour that I study I can spend an hour doing something that I enjoy.

That's what I've been doing today and it's working well so far! Make sure you take 5 minute breaks during your hour of studying to grab a snack or just gaze out the window.

I agree that sleep and eating well is very important too, and you will be more likely to feel relaxed and ready if you are at least attempting to prepare!

Most textbooks have websites with practice questions. I like to go through those and then jot down the topics I really can't remember so I can re-read the notes.

You can do it!
  • edited December 2006
    yeah i basically follow the same routine that malakaiii does though i still think i don't accomplish enough in an hour.. hehehe.. but yeah i had some difficulties in getting started since all i wanted was to sleep.. but after i opened the textbooks and notes things started to flow nicely. =) i just hope i allocated my time wisely for my exams.. o.O" they all happen in 3 consecutive days.. =(
  • edited December 2006
    Another good idea is to find out when your brain is working the best. I've been trying to get up early so that I have some time to ease into the day before hitting my books.

It's going pretty good so far. I'm pretty ready for my Psych exam on Friday, but not so much for the Educ/Math one on Saturday... And the other two are next week so I'm not even thinking about those!
  • edited December 2006
    I blame Facebook
  • edited December 2006
    Tinana said:
    I blame Facebook
    i whole-heartedly agree!

ps. i'm at SFU right now, trying to study...to no avail.

but it being here actually forces me to study...at least...more than what i would be doing if i was at home.

when i'm stuck in a rut, i go for a walk. clear my mind. it works for me.
  • edited December 2006
    Tinana said:
    I blame Facebook
    lol sooo damn true ahhhh
  • edited December 2006
    God help me if I can study...I have 2 essays due for friday and I havnt started either of them yet...and its lookin like ill be cramming both of them at once tomorrow night, right before they are due. I am doomed for this course.
  • edited December 2006
    phew at least im not the only one! i jus wrote an exam today it went well actually so im finally gettin into the grove for the next of my exams
  • edited December 2006
    ugh how the hell do i study physics
  • hta
    edited December 2006
    Jimmy Tung said:
    ugh how the hell do i study physics
    try memorizing formulaes.
    U are in Phys 101, right?
    It should be easy physics though
  • edited December 2006
    i got exam tomorrow morning, and ive hit the wall, my brain has said no more lol :(
  • edited December 2006
    imelting said:
    i got exam tomorrow morning, and ive hit the wall, my brain has said no more lol :(
    my brain said that a while ago lol
  • edited December 2006
    good luck to everyone tomorrow mornin, 830am exams are the worst! *sniff
  • edited December 2006
    Yup... I was there today at 8:30. And I have another one tomorrow.

I think 8:30am exams aren't as bad as 8:30am exams on SATURDAYS. :|
  • edited December 2006
    Wow I thought I was the only person having problems studying... i wasted the ENTIRE day today! I was supposed to study for my econ & anthro but i ended up buying a christmas tree instead :S I think I study best when I'm not at home, if I get into the mood I can study for a couple of hours.
  • edited December 2006
    i have problems studying / reading at home.

i go to UBC Koerner to study.
    very quiet and the desks are so much better.
  • edited December 2006
    ANBU said:
    i have problems studying / reading at home.

i go to UBC Koerner to study.
    very quiet and the desks are so much better.
    yeah i do that some times too...or if you know the Irvings K. Barber center there, they have a really nice room called Ridington. really nice place to study.

i wish sfu would make some nicer places to study, because i'd ACTUALLY want to go there to put my nose into the book for a few hours. with the cubicles in the sfu library...it's just hard to concentrate when it's so crammed, and sorta smelly.
  • edited December 2006
    2 down 2 to go for me! phys 101 wus not that ahrd, just wished i studied more...:(
  • edited December 2006
    yeah physics 101 was pretty easy i found, thats what i get for studying for a week straight....:S and I went out and bought that stupid calculator but we didnt beed to use it....waste of $12
  • edited December 2006
    I had my first and last final on a Saturday night. How shitty is that? Tonight, we also had a Christmas party for work but I couldn't go because of the final. Some girl in my class actually skipped the final to attend her workplace xmas party. The prof was looking for her.
  • edited December 2006
    so tired...1 more to go...

Leave a Comment