To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

PSYC 201 Next Semester

edited October 2006 in General
Has anyone taken this class? Im thinking of doing it as an elective next semester seems pretty straightforward...

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I am a Psyc Major so I had to take this class as a degree requirement. If you don't need it for your degree I wouldnt recommend taking it since it is not an easy class. There is a lot of critical analyis of studies you have to do and if you do not have previous experience with this, it will bring your gpa down. But if you are planning on continuing on in the Psyc program, having a foundation of Research Methods is very useful.
  • edited October 2006
    Im thinking about taking this too sooner or later its mandatory for me :)
  • edited October 2006
    Hello!

I wouldn't recommend just taking this class on a whim, as it definitely isn't an easy one! It is very time-intensive, with writing research reports, doing your own study, and critiquing the studies of others. You do a lot of writing and have to be really into it to do well.

If you are willing to put the time into it, though, it is a very interesting course that definitely helps you to be more critical about what you read, and you learn alot about psychology too.

I'd recommend the teacher that I have now, too: Jodi Viljoen
  • edited October 2006
    I had Natasha Gosh in the summer she was really easy too... I taught myself everything just by reading the text book and got an A-

Leave a Comment