To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

SECOND OPINION! TAKING CLASSES CMNS 261 & CMNS 220, SA 150, AND PUB 101.

I need a second opinion. I am a CMNS Major, and I have to complete the lower division. I need to take one additional 200 level course, and I need to pick one course out of CMNS 260 and 261. I also need to take two classes EACH to complete B-SCI, B-SOC, and Q requirements.

With this information in mind, I have decided to take 261 with a heavy heart because 260 (It could have completed my Q requirements) is full. Also, I am taking PUB 101 for a publishing minor, so CMNS 260's timings would interfere.

I am taking SA150 because it has been said to be an okay course. A GPA Booster.

PHYS 190 (Introduction to Astronomy) was unavailable this semester, but I plan to take it next semester with PUB 131. This Physics class takes care of my B-SCI or Q requirements.

What do you think? Is this class selection suitable or am I inviting trouble?
Should I keep one for later? For example, drop 261 and wait for 260 to become available next semester.

Recap:
  • SA150 w/ [Unknown]
  • CMNS220 (as my +200 level course) w/ J. Baker
  • CMNS261 w/ D. Gutstein
  • PUB101 w/ S. Norman

Recommendations for other classes are always welcome.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    I plan to take STAT100 in the future for the Q requirement if it is necessary.
    SA150 is intended for my B-SOC requirement. INSTEAD OF SA150, I HAVE DECIDED TO TAKE CMPT 165.
    Tell me about it. Is it a good class?
    CMPT165 is intended for my B-SCI requirement.

ALSO, if you could recommend classes that I could enroll in next spring term. That would be very helpful.

You could just say that this is a good choice. It would make me more confident going into these classes.

Leave a Comment