To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Failing ECON 201 and BUEC 232, crying like a baby. What should I do? Retake?

So I'm 100% going to fail ECON 201 because god damn, screw calculus and economic theory. I think I could pass BUEC 232.

The thing is, I took SA 150 this term and I actually love it. Sociology is so much fun for me and I enjoyed sitting through a 2 hour lecture and taking notes. Applying sociological concepts into everyday situations was enjoyable. Thus, I want to switch from an Economics major to a Sociology major.

The question I have is,

should I retake ECON 201? I'm currently sitting at a 2.4GPA but I figure CHIN100 and FPA104 will raise that up quite a bit next semester. 

Comments

• If you're going to switch majors, I would suggest just saving your retakes for later in your degree. Then if you feel like retaking 201 to raise your GPA a bit, go ahead later.
  • In the meantime, see if you can join a study group  or find a tutor to give ECON 201 a good bash before giving up the ghost.  Good luck with sociology - uni life is better when you like your major...

Leave a Comment