To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Confused with TA's action in exam

edited April 2015 in General
I was taking an exam tonight. When I was fully focusing on answer sheet, TA came to my seat, asked me to show my stuID and wrote it down. I'm sure it's not for sign-in because he only did this for me. I feel insulted because it is likely that he might think I was cheating, but I did not do anything! What should i do now? :(

Comments

• MXC
    edited April 2015
    nothing, 
    you're probably overeacting
  • Yeah it could be nothing and you just forgot to put your student # on something.

What class is this for? Have you been attending the lectures or tutorials regularly? It could be perhaps the TA felt like he/she never seen you before and wanted to confirm you are who you are taking the exam and not someone doing the exam for someone else.
  • Also if you went late perhaps everyone showed their ID already.
  • Prof had checked my ID (as well as all others) once, I did attend this class regularly and was not late for exam.
    Forget to mention. After exam, I expressed my doubt to one of students who sit next to me. He said he was asked for showing his ID as well. He told me that he saw TA showed the note with our IDs to prof and told prof "...these people...suspicious..."(only some keywords) That's the reason why I was so worried.

• if you weren't cheating than you have nothing to worry about...
  • edited April 2015
    Yeah I think so. But i feel very angry of being suspected for no reason.
  • Yeah I got the same look when I grew a pedostache by not shaving during finals week and my student ID pic didnt look like me.
  • Lol That reminds me of one possibility. It's time to take a hair-cut.
  • Damn what a keener TA. I'm gonna get a sex change so they can bother me about it and then just show them my genital surgical scars as evidence.

Leave a Comment